Truffle Allergy

There’s nothing like enjoying a good bite of delectable treats, unless food allergies prevent you from doing so. An allergy is an abnormal immune reaction to what most people consider as harmless stuff. People who have certain food allergies must be very careful with what they eat, or else they suffer from skin rashes, itchiness or swelling, abdominal pains, vomiting, diarrhea and at times, even asthma attacks. While most food allergies are common, ranging from the puny peanut to the common chicken, there is also the not so usual type of food allergy that the majority of people who have it are not even aware of; one of them is truffle allergy.

 

Truffles are highly prized mushrooms that are widely used by world-renowned chefs in creating their delicious dishes. It is even considered as “the diamond in the kitchen.” These mushrooms are exorbitantly priced because of its unique taste. There is no need to add some flavor to it. Some chocolate brands even contain truffles.

 

Only a small amount of truffles is used in food preparations because of its distinct odor and expensive cost. In order to make good use of the ingredient, restaurants leave the skin on when shaving or dicing truffles. Fried eggs and salads are best served with raw white truffles shaved over them. Meats go well with thinly sliced white or black truffles. Black truffles are more delicate and have a milder aroma than the black ones.

 

Symptoms of truffle allergy are most of the time similar to the symptoms of other food allergies. Different allergic reactions may occur between people with this type of allergy because sensitivity levels for each one vary from the other.

 

Extra caution must be taken by people who have a history of allergies. An individual who has truffle allergy must stay away from foods containing the ingredient. When going to a restaurant to dine, see if the menu includes the list of ingredients in each dish. If not, ask the waiter which of the food choices has truffles in it, and then you can decide which ones to order.

 

In case of accidental consumption, anti-allergy drugs can be taken. For emergency purposes, it would be a great idea to have such medicine in one’s bag or purse at all times. Before going to the nearest drugstore and buying one, it would be best to consult a physician first. He or she would know the best drug for your condition and might even run some tests on you to determine your level of sensitivity to truffles.

 

 

Disclaimer:

This material is provided for informational purposes only and is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease and should not be relied as  medical advice. Always consult your doctor before taking any medication or supplements.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Both comments and pings are currently closed.
Wordpress website enhanced by true google 404